Main Article Content
The study aims to investigate whether collaborative strategic reading (CSR) strategies can improve higher-order thinking skills (HOTS) of students. It is an experimental design using pre-test and post-test as an instrument. Research data was obtained by giving a reading test in one of the public vocational high schools in Surabaya, Indonesia. These test data were analyzed using independent sample T-test and paired sample T-test in SPSS. Results showed that Collaborative Strategic Reading (CSR) could improve higher-order thinking skills for students. Based on data analysis results, t count was found to be larger than t table. Moreover, the result of the paired-sample t-test also indicated a significant difference between pre-test and post-test scores of experimental students. Sig. Sig. (2-tailed) equals.000. To sum up, the strategy benefits students in enhancing higher-order thinking skills for students.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Armstrong, M. (2009). A Handbook of Human Resource Management | M. Armstrong.
- Cohen, D. K. (1988). Contributing to Educational Change: Perspectives on Research and Practice. 1–45.
- Gardner, H. (1999. (, 1999). Intelligence reframed: Multiple intelligences for the 21st Century. - PsycNET.
- Heong, Y. M., Yunos, J. M., Othman, W., Hassan, R., Kiong, T. T., & Mohamad, M. M. (2012). The Needs Analysis of Learning Higher Order Thinking Skills for Generating Ideas. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 59, 197–203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.265
- Jailani, J., Sugiman, S., & Apino, E. (2017). Implementing the problem-based learning in order to improve the students' HOTS and characters. Jurnal Riset Pendidikan Matematika, 4(2), 247. https://doi.org/10.21831/jrpm.v4i2.17674
- Khonamri, F., & Karimabadi, M. (2015). Collaborative Strategic Reading and Critical Reading Ability of Intermediate Iranian Learners. Theory and Practice in Language Studies, 5(7), 1375. https://doi.org/10.17507/tpls.0507.09
- King, F. J., Goodson, L., & Rohani, F. (1998). Assessment & Evaluation: Higher Order Thinking Skills. Center for Advancement of Learning and Assessment, 18, 176. Retrieved from http://www.cala.fsu.edu/files/higher_order_thinking_skills.pdf
- Pallant, J. (2010). Survival Manual.
- Retnawati, H., Hadi, S., & Nugraha, A. C. (2016). Vocational High School Teachers' Difficulties in Implementing the Assessment in Curriculum 2013 in Yogyakarta Province of Indonesia. International Journal of Instruction, 9(1), 33–48. https://doi.org/10.12973/iji.2016.914a
- Seacrist, K. M. (2012). The effect of collaborative strategic reading for 4th Graders with learning disabilities.
- Seman, S. C. (2017). Teachers' Challenges In Teaching And Learning For Higher Order Thinking Skills ( HOTS ) In Primary School. 7(7), 534–545. https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1.2017.77. 534.545
- Semercioğlu, M. S., Kıroğlu, K., & Tuncer, K. (2020). The Effect of Collaborative Strategic Reading Model on Fourth Grade Students ’ Understanding Skills in Informative Texts İşbirlikçi Stratejik Okuma Modelinin İlkokul Dördüncü Sınıf Öğrencileri nin Bilgilendirici Metinleri Anlama Becerisine Etkisi. 9, 155–167. https://doi.org/10.14686/buefad.508251
- Setyarini, S., Muslim, A. B., Rukmini, D., & Yuliasri, I. (2018). Thinking critically while storytelling : Improving children's s HOTS and English oral competence. (June). https://doi.org/10.17509/ijal.v8i1.11480
- Zohar, A. (2008). Teaching thinking on a national scale: Israel's pedagogical horizons. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 3(1), 77–81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2008.03.002